Thursday 21 September 2017

Skin care routine! - Lots of Body Shop products

I have recently changed up my skin care routine because my acne decided to make this huge comeback and attack my face. My routine depends on a lots of things like if I'm wearing make up or whether it's morning or evening, either way I use most of the same products. 

No matter what I use the Body Shop Aloe Vera Toner to clean my face of any oils (my face is so incredibly oily) and get a good base for make up if I decide to wear any that day. I also use Witch Hazel across my T-Zone and down to my chin, mostly where my acne is most prominent and also where my pores are huge. I use this to just help clean up any dirt or oil that's trapped in my pores. I also think, I don't know if I'm just making this up, the Witch Hazel helps minimise my pores so my make up doesn't sink in to them. After I've cleaned my face I simply moisturise with the Superdrug Vitamin E SPF 15 face moisturiser then add Solait Anti-Ageing Face Fluid SPF 30 to give my skin extra protection against the sun. That is it for my morning routine, I try to keep it as minimal as possible so my skin is able to breathe. I then go ahead and apply my make up as usual for the day.




If I've been wearing make up I use the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil to remove all my make up. I love this product as it gets rid of really stubborn make up like waterproof mascara. It also leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. I have also noticed since I've been using the Oil the redness in my skin has really toned down, its not as prominent as it once was. I haven't used this product throughout Winter yet when my skin obviously gets a lot more sensitive so I'm going to continue to use it and I'll let you all know how it goes throughout November and December. Once I've used the Skin Therapy Oil and I've removed most of my make up, I use the Body Shop Aloe Vera Cleanser, as you can probably tell I am in love with Body Shop products. I love what they stand for and I've definitely invested more in their products since they announced they were leaving their parent company to because a completely cruelty-free brand. That's so important to me as I only use cruelty-free products. It also helps that their products are amazing too! The cleanser really helps with my sensitive skin (I'm allergic to a lot of skin care products) as it doesn't cause any redness in my skin whatsoever. Its a thick creamy formula that cools my skin when I use it. Once I've run that over my skin I can clearly see that it has removed even more make up I missed the first time with the Oil. Once again after using the Cleanser I go back to use the Aloe Vera Toner I used in the morning to remove any Oil left over and also to triple check all my make up has been removed, usually by then it has been. I swipe Witch Hazel over my T-Zone and chin again to try and prevent any more break-outs. Once I've done this, if I have any pimples already, I use a small amount of Tea Tree Oil on a cotton bud on these spots. The Tea Tree Oil helps heal up these imperfections when I'm sleeping and I always wake up to either no pimples or very very faint/small pimples. Its a Godsend, really. Finally, I apply Superdrugs' Vitamin E Night Cream to just give my skin a bit of moisture after the amount of cleaning I've just done on my skin.





If I've not been wearing any make up I do exactly what I did in the morning with the added extra of using Tea Tree Oil on any imperfections I have. I may also use a 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel which also helps soothe and cool my skin after all the scrubbing I've been doing to it.


A couple times a week in the shower I use the Body Shop Seaweed Face Wash for oily/combination skin. This helps to balance the oil I produce and I've honestly noticed a huge difference. My skin is nowhere near as oily as it was a few months ago. It's a lot easier to maintain and I've noticed it when I wear Make up too. My make up stays put all day, even around my problem areas like my nose and chin. I cannot recommend Body Shop products more! They have loads of different products for every skin type! I can't fault them at all.


Okay, I know I know, EVERYONE says this. But it really does work. Drinking water. I promise you my skin has been incredible since I actually started drinking water. I absolutely hate plain water so I add a couple slices of lemon to my bottle and I'll also squeeze some juice in to the water. It's so beneficial. Lemons are probably one of the healthiest foods you could eat. They help fight illness and they really cleanse your body. Even if you didn't want to do this, drinking a cup of hot water with a lemon in every morning and night also holds so may benefits. I've even lost weight since I started drinking lemon water, and it's the only thing I've changed about what I consume! I promise you, the benefits outweigh the cons. 

I know my routine is a lot of products, and I also know it may be way too many for you. But finding a good skin care routine that works for you is amazing. It's really helped with my confidence as my acne is really reduced along with the redness in my skin I've actually started feeling confident going completely make up free. Its just all about finding something that makes you feel good and does something for you.

Thanks for reading!
Bx 

No comments:

Post a Comment