Monday 5 March 2018

90th Oscars - Best Dressed



It's currently 1 AM (although this is going up the day after the Oscars) and I am so over-whelmed with all of the dazzling and magnificent dresses and gowns worn by all of the brilliant women at the Oscars. They've just kicked off and I couldn't not write this right this second. I'm too inspired by all the pretty dresses and women. 

I have a lot of names I have to mention in this list. Nearly 20. I couldn't narrow it down even if I really tried, I'm so blown away by the beauty on the red carpet. I will say that these are in no particular order, but I do have some real favourites that really stand out to me.

Lupita Nyong'o in Versace 

  
 
Photo courtesy of Getty Images

How gorgeous does Lupita Nyong'o look in this metallic gold, Versace dress? Although it's border-line costume to me, it still allows her to stand out and be elegant. Matched with neutral looking make up and a plain gold clutch, Lupita is working this dress and I think she looks absolutely breath-taking.

Viola Davis in Michael Kors

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Pretty in pink. Viola looks amazing in this Michael Kors gown. The hot pink colour works so well with her skin tone. The subtle shimmer on the gown gives it an edge without being too in your face. She looks like a beautiful vision, I absolutely love it.


Gina Rodriguez in Zuhair Murad Couture

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

This splendid Zuhair Murad gown totally flatters Gina Rodriguez; with the deep V neck and the stunning pastel pink colouring. Paired with her sleek ponytail, she looks incredibly elegant. 


Eiza Gonzalez in Ralph Lauren

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

With a bright pop of yellow the 'Baby Driver' actress really made an entrance. I think yellow is a really hard colour to pull off, but Eiza has managed to do just that. The simple, elegant gown looks unbelievable on her. 

Margot Robbie in Chanel Haute Couture

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

When I first saw this gown I wasn't a fan. But the more I looked at it the more I like it. Plain and simple dresses seem to be a theme this year, and I'm not complaining! Mrs Robbie is a vision in white. Her short blonde bob compliments this Chanel gown perfectly. The diamonds across the top brighten this dress up and give a bit of sparkle; it definitely wouldn't be the same with it. The best actress nominee turned it out. 


Jennifer Garner in Versace

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Jennifer Garner looks stunning in this royal blue Versace gown. The colour and long train really make a statement. Her long brunette hair in the side parting allows her to show off that lovely centre strap and neckline. Jennifer is really glowing! Beautiful.


Salma Hayek in Custom Gucci

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

I love, love, love this dress. They style, colour, layering, everything! Salma looks striking (she always does though), hair pinned back with two curls framing her face. The Gothic make up: dark lips and eyes. She looks so glorious, I want this dress for myself. Gucci is my favourite brand, and this dress for sure shows why I love them so much!


Andra Day in Zac Posen

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

How powerful is this image? That gown and that pose! Andra is a beauty in this unusual Zac Posen gown. The vintage looking fabric gives this dress a lot of character, and the French Renaissance looking silhouette is so quirky. I love this gown and I think Andra looks incredible.


Allison Janney in Reem Acra


Photo courtesy of Getty Images


This gorgeous, plain, red gown looks fabulous on Allison Janney. The tight fit shows off her incredible figure which is so flattering on her. The long sleeves give the dress some dimension and layering. Allison looks so elegant in this gown paired with her sleep bun, natural make up and lovely pearl necklace. 


Helen Mirren in Reem Acra

 Photo courtesy of Getty Images

 Also in a Reem Acra gown, Helen Mirren also displays an astounding elegance. The very simple, form fitting gown gives Helen a lovely silhouette. Matched with a statement necklace, and Mirrens grey bob in a side parting.  


Abbie Cornish in Elie Saab Couture

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Abbie Cornish looks so spectacular in this stunning gown from Elie Saab. This is one of my favourite looks of the night. I can't stop staring at it! The silver draping all over the dress gives it a vintage feel, and I'm all about vintage dresses. The deep V neck and the peek-a-boo shoulders are an elegant touch. She is glowing and looks exquisite. I love!


Zoey Deutch in Elie Saab Couture

 Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Shock! Another Elie Saab gown I absolutely adore! This dress is the stuff of dreams. I love everything about this gown, I can't fault it at all. The colour is so gorgeous. Layering on the skirt gives it huge 20's vibes, so I am absolutely LIVING for this dress. Zoey looks incredibly classy with her long hair in loose waves and pinned behind her ear on one side. I'm welling up looking at this dress. It's for sure my all time favourite dress of the night.


Gal Gadot in Givenchy

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Just like Lupita, Gal is a shiny, metallic vision. This spaghetti strap, deep V gown looks incredible on her. Again, I'm getting 20's vibes with the slip dress style, gradient colour, tasselled skirt and long diamond necklace. It's stunning. 


Emma Stone in Louis Vuitton

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Emma Stone never fails to deliver on the red carpet and tonight was no exception. This wonderful satin blazer and trouser combo from Louis Vuitton is astonishing. Emma, herself looks gorgeous with neutral make up and pin-straight hair; keeping it simple. I love a good suit, and the red blazer with the pink sash is a great touch. Emma looks sublime.


Emily Blunt in Schiaparelli

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

I physically gasped when I saw this gown. Emily Blunt looks so marvellous in this baby blue gown. The design going around her waist then up to her neck is wonderful. I'm not normally a fan of anything that accentuates shoulders, but I think it works fantastically on this gown. 


Taraji P. Henson in Vera Wang

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

How ravishing does Taraji look this is cut-out chiffon gown by Vera Wang? Its simple but with character. The slit up the skirt, the bare shoulders and arms and cut-out in the mid section really makes this dress a show-stopper. 


I have been so impressed with all the stars this year, and their fashion choices. I already know I'm going to be looking at some of these gowns for the next million years wondering if I'll ever get to wear something a beautiful. Probably not. Oh well... Until next year!

Thanks for reading, and let me know your choice best dressed at this years Oscars. 

Bx

Photos courtesy of:
http://ew.com/awards/2018/02/27/when-are-the-oscars-2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment